new vance & hines pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new vance & hines pipe

I was told that if I spray some high temp paint into the header pipe it willnot go blue, has anyone tried this before, if so what were the results

I used some hi-temp aluminum engine paint on the interior of a pair of headers I installed recently, they haven't blued yet, but it doesn't get ridden that much...so I guess it works, but for how long, I don't know..

Comment

They will blue no matter what you do, short of having them ceramic coated on the inside Aftermarket pipes are generally made of thinner material

Comment

You must do it before they are carbed up inside as in still new. Yes it will help with the blue levels you get. It will still blue but not as bad or as fast.

It does help.

Comment

Re: new vance & hines pipe

Originally posted by kevin gallogley
          I was told that if I spray some high temp paint into the header pipe it willnot go blue, has anyone tried this before, if so what were the results
          I have done this on 2 chrome pipes(1 kerker,1 Vance and hines) and one black pipe, the chrome pipes do yellow a little but not as bad as if I didn't do it, Yes you must spray the headers and muffler(pull baffle out first)before you use the pipe, I'd suggest high temp paint multiple coats, let dry between coats, I also think this helps in the long run for corrosion from within, cheap insurance

Comment

Working...
          X