am i right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i right?

I spent this weekend trying to rebuild my carbs on a 1980 GS850GL. I bought carb kits but once into the project I realized that I do not have the Needle jets. Do you have to buy them separate? Where is a good place to get them? If I already put all new jets in I guess it would not be wise to just clean the needle jets and put back in?
    I still have one pilot jet that looks like the air jet that I can not find a home for. I have all others installed but have no idea where it goes. and the diagram does not have two of these type so do the kits give you an extra air pilot jet?

thanks

Unless they are damaged their is no reason why you can't reuse them

Comment

Try this place.

Terry

Comment

how would I know they are damaged

how would I know the if the needle jets are bad or not? If not do I just soak them in carb cleaner and clean out the holes and then reinstall them?

I also had to have the screws on the top of the diaphram cup tops drilled out as they were stripped. Where can I buy those?

One more question I can not find the person that has the orings for this.

thanks for all your help.

Comment

I presume that you have found the Carb Rebuild series on this site - http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm .

Robert Barr is the O-ring guy.

Terry

Comment

Yup, send him a $12 PayPal and you'll have o-rings in the mail within 24 hours. He's awesome.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
            X