Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anywhere to purchase choke plunger assembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere to purchase choke plunger assembly?

Seems one of the choke plungers may be fubared as I have realized during rebuilding all of them. The rubber seat at the bottom looks pretty destroyed. Also, the rubber dust cap on top of the plunger is pretty torn up so I'm hoping I can buy these from somewhere. Crotchrocket.com and BikeBandit.com do not show the plunger on their fisches so maybe there is another site that sells this stuff? Do you think suzkuki could get these parts for me?

I know there is a site people post about just for carb parts but I searched and couldn't find it....

Oh, for 1979 GS750L carbs, but I believe the choke assembly is the same on all the VM carbs (so 77-79 750/850/1000)

Pasteurized, I may have one at home (I'm at work right now) I'll check this evening and let you know. If I do you can have it for the cost of shipping which shouldn't be much.

Comment

Daniel, that would be excellent if you do happen to have an extra. It would be very appreciated :-). You can email me or PM me when you have a chance to look.

Thanks!

Comment

I have an extra set of carbs just for the same reason. I only used one, so if dgeorge doesn't have one I deffinately do. PM me if you don't have any luck, and I'll get one out to you for the price of shipping.

Comment

hey guys if you have another one of them plastic nuts that hold the plunger in place i could take one off your hands. I snapped one off.

Comment

hey guys if you have another one of them plastic nuts that hold the plunger in place i could take one off your hands.
            Just PM with your address and I will send one C.O.D.

Mine are not the plastic covers, they are the brass ones. Same thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Katamaniac
              hey guys if you have another one of them plastic nuts that hold the plunger in place i could take one off your hands.
              Just PM with your address and I will send one C.O.D.

Mine are not the plastic covers, they are the brass ones. Same thing though.
              consider youself pm'ed

Comment

Pm sent from me as well :-)

Comment

I want you guys to know that the carbs that I have are from CV carbs. I read both of your PM's, Billy_Oliver880, I will get yours out today, pasteurized, I'm sorry for the confusion on the type of carbs that you have.

Have you checked with your local MC salvage yard. I found the set of carbs that I have at a MC salvage yard in Wichita, and only paid $10 for them. It was money well spent.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Katamaniac. Hopefully someone else can help me out.

Comment

Working...
                    X