I searched, really!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I searched, really!

Of the 2819 posts returned by my search, I looked at 7 of the 57 pages.

But I cannot find a statement which tells me what I want to know :?

On a Mechanical slide carb, does the idle mixture screw control fuel or air?
    IN does what?
    OUT does what?
    :?
    I think but I am not sure,
    IN increases the amount of fuel
    OUT increases the air and decreases the fuel
    BECAUSE I think that if I allow more air through the circuit less fuel is sucked up, right?
    Please someone explain this to me like I am the idiot I feel like

Hi Clone, maybe this will help it is a very interesting read about motorcycle carbs. It was written for dirt bikes but should still apply to all. http://www.motocross.com/motoprof/mo...1/carb101.html

Comment

the quick rule of thumb is, if the adjuster is on the airbox or filter side of the slide, it is an air adjustment, open(CCW) = leaner, if the adjuster is on the engine side of the slide, it is for either just fuel, or for fuel/air overall mixture, open(CCW) = richer

Comment

On your 83 750 you have CV carbs, right? If so, the screw you speak of is a mixture screw. Turning the screw clockwise leans the mixture, counter-clockwise richens.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks you guys, that is exactly what I needed to know. This is for the other bike, the Yammy, the Suzuki is perfect and doesn't need tinkering right now. 8)

Comment

Working...
          X