ok stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok stupid question

oh my bike if you don't know by now hehe is a 81 gs 850L, have had super problems, had to replace rings, friend of mine adjust the valves for me. I tried to start bike up, and lots of smoke and poping backfire. I pulled my carbs with the stage3 jet kit off and put my stock carb bank on. still same problem, so i looked at the plugs and OMG the were pitch black with carbon deposits and such. i put fresh plugs in and bike started right up, good throttle responce when sitting still, but when i ride i have to baby the throttle or i bog down. so am i starved for fuel? should i try other carb bank with jet kit since i have pods? will the new plugs fix the problem that i throught were the carbs?

sounds like you went from one extreme to the other. More information about the bike would prolly help....like if it has pods and if it has an aftermarket exhaust.

Comment

aye

the bike has pod filters and aftermarket 4to1 exaust, i just went out after my last post and put my other carbs "with jetkit" back on LOL, i was thinking maybe just maybe the problem was my old plugs. here is what i've learned in the past hour. Bike before new plugs wouldn't hardly run at all, put original stock carbs on ran good but bogged out, new plugs with jetted carbs, RAN BEUTIFUL NOW WOOHOO, but smoked a bit, and after I got back i pulled plugs for informational look, plugs were black again, okay now i'm not a mechanic but with the bit of smoke and the blackening of the plugs does this simply mean i'm running a bit rich? if so can i possibly remedy my problem by turning the mixture screws in a bit? like maybe a half turn each to try?, just started thunderstorming so i've lost most interest in finishing up today, but would like some advise on if the plug situation means probally rich? i think if was lean would bog and not black plugs from the limited knowledge I have. is this pretty much the case? is my only problem now running a bit to rich?

Comment

Yup, sounds rich. is the smoke black or blue in colour, and are the plugs soft (flat) black or shiny black?

Comment

lets see

i would say smoke is more black than blue, and the blugs are flat black for sure.... is there anyway to clean my new plugs or did i ruin them and need to just get a new set?

Comment

Working...
          X