Front brake switch need help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake switch need help ASAP

Ok, I went to adjust and clean my front brake light switch and I took care expecting it to be sping loaded as I was told it was, well the spring effect was delayed and shot out right as I removed my cupped hand and now I don't think I have all the pieces or if I do I can;t figure out how they go back. I have the little coil spring and the U shaped brass piece and those are the only to pieces I have that go inside the lever assembly above the contact plate. Can someone please help this isn't in my haynes manual and a picture or diagram would be awesome!!

Thanks

BTW it is 80* out side and I REALLY want to ride to work this evening

there should also be a square piece of black plastic with a tit on one side that goes in the spring, the brass contact goes over the opposite end from the spring

Comment

The small plastic piece with the tit usually does not fly out, check up in the switch to see if is still there; grease holds it in place. You need all three pieces for it to work.

Dr. Dre

Comment

There is a little black piece of plastic that the u-shaped plate and spring attaches to. Often times it gets caught up in the lever itself, becasue it is the little arm that sits in the recess in the lever itself. Sometimes it gets cruddy in there, and it looks like part of the brake lever.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The plastic piece fell out and after I regained my senses I said hold it! I had an extra cluth lever sitting here I could take apart and low and behold I saw the piece I was missing and robbed it!!! :twisted: :twisted: Anyway, I did end up finding the one that dropped out. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X