Tyre Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre Size Question

Is it possible to put a bigger size (wider) on to my gs1000 with the standard rim if so what size is acceptable,also does anyone know what tyres can be put on the bike to get more grip all I seem to be able to get from my area are the chen shin things and they arnt the best in the world are they .
    Ta Trev

I order to put wide tires on your Gs you need to install a wider wheel. The wheel width is designed for the stock size tire If you have the early GS1000 you may have a 18" rim if that is the case I would definately look for a different wheel At a minimum going to the GS 1000 17" wheel & fit a 130/90/17 Not sure if this link still works

Get fast and reliable internet services for individuals, businesses, and organizations. Our high-speed internet, email, and web hosting solutions are designed to meet your specific needs. Stay connected to the world with our seamless connectivity.

Comment

Here is a site in your part of the world that has a lot of good tire information. The only problem is that they don't know how to spell tyre.

Welcome to the official website of Continental Bicycle Tyres in the UK, with all the latest product information and news for the brand.

Terry

Comment

I'll agree with the tyre size thing first. At best you will get more sidewall flex which won't help handling. At worst, the damn thing will run off the rim in a bend, which won't help, either It doesn't take much either. Fortunately when it happened to me I had three wheels left

As to make, I can categorically and unequivocally state without any fear whatsoever of successful (or even intelligent) contradiction that Metzeler make the best tyres on the planet specifically for the GS.

There, that should start something :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pete ('nother Brit)

Comment

I've put 140's on, but that's as wide as I would go with a stock wheel.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X