Gasket source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasket source

What is the best source on the web for clutch cover, stator cover, and valve cover gaskets. I do not need an entire set for 70 bucks, just one or two each of these comon gaskets.

I considered formagasket sealers but that is probably a bad idea. I admit to not calling the dealer yet, I don't have the heart to hear they want a fortune for them.

It's clutch time and I plan to polish a few things up as well.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

You need to call the Suzi dealer - it will give you a good baseline for pricing (and probably a good laugh as well)!!

Try http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

or http://www.bikebandit.com

Good luck with the search!! 8)

Comment

I have a local dirt bike shop that has a computer controlled gasket cutting machine. Their programs lists many hundreds of bike models and they can punch up any gasket I need. Takes about 5 minutes to cut a large one. You might try calling around your local bike shops and see if anyone has a setup like this in your area.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I've cut gaskets for both out of bulk gasket material. they've worked fine with no leaks for over a year.

Comment

12.00 for the clutch gasket, 12.00 for the stator gasket. Not cheap but not ridiculous, shipping and handling charges would have made ordering them more expensive.

The dealer actually was not too bad. And they are genuine Suzuki parts.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X