Please Help: 1975-1979 GS450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help: 1975-1979 GS450

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had the following information on a Gs450 1975-1979 Model:

Ignition Point Gap,
    Ignition Advance,
    Valve Clearance,
    And the compression figures.

Cheers,

-Jake

As far as I know the 450 made its debut in 1980... While manufacturing stamps begin in 1979, the model year was still considered 1980.

Comment

1980 to 1983 GS450

Ignition Point Gap - ELECTRONIC IGNITION - NO POINTS
      Ignition Advance - 10 deg BTDC @1650 RPM, 40 deg BTDC @ 3500 RPM
      Valve Clearance - 0.03-0.08mm (0.0012-0.0031 in)
      And the compression figures - 130 - 170 psi standard; 100 psi = service limit
      Max difference between cylinders = 28 psi

Terry

Comment

hi, thanks for your information and time, but unfortunatly i already have that information and thats how i came to the conclusion that it is a pre- 1980 model (becasue of ignintion point gaps etc)

if anyone could help on a pre 1980 model Gs450 i would greatly apreciate it,

Cheers,

-Jake

Comment

Jake,

What Brent and I are saying is we think there are no pre 1980 GS450s. You should try to identify what bike you have and then maybe we can help.

Go to this web site and see if you can find a picture of it - http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzu...ki_models.html .

What is the vin number? I think that before 1980 they had vin numbers that started with the engine size. Example - my 1977 GS750 has a vin number like this - GS750 XXXXX. This could help you. Also, look closely on the steering stem to see if you can find the identification information. It should be on the front of the steering stem, behind the headlight.

The more information you can give us, the more we can help.

Terry

Comment

Hi,
            unfortunatly i cant get information like that anymore because my pop is doing it up (and he lives around 3 hours away) by the looks of the photos its a 79 model :S but he'll probably end up getting a workshop manual for it.

Thanks for your time,

-Jake

Comment

Working...
            X