No announcement yet.

help needed--camshaft problem again- COMPRESSION RESULTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job. The compression isn't that bad considering they were cold - remember you have a motor with a few miles on it. Your valves don't look bent to me.

If you haven't syncronized the carbs, you might want to consider that as your next project.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
      If you haven't syncronized the carbs, you might want to consider that as your next project.
      I think Poot has had enough excitment for the rest of the year. You may want to save that job for next year's Good Deed.
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
        Originally posted by Swanny
        I think Poot has had enough excitment for the rest of the year. You may want to save that job for next year's Good Deed.
        You may have a point there Jake. Let's give him a week or two - not a year! (It's a lot easier Poot)

Comment

yup, already bought the carb synch device. ordering the shim thius morning.

im also gonna doublecheck my float levels, just to make sure none are any bit sticky, or l;evels off

p.s. between now and my next valve clearance, im gonnna get my hands on some fat shims...

Comment

I don't know what bike you have, but on GS450's from the early 80's it is 18 chain pins from the top of each cam sprocket for the correct timing. Make sure your arrows on the sprockets are pointing to the cam gasket surface and that your TDC marks are correct after removing the side cover on your engine. If you don't have one already I suggest getting a Clymers manual for your bike. They walk you through everything with pictures.

Good luck.

Comment

yup. timing is bang on, and im picking up my shim tonight. all thats left, is to check the float levels, synch my carbs, and press my brake pads back into the housing properly. (kinda pushed down on lever half way----accidentally )

change my oil, and im good to go!!!

Comment

Working...
              X