Ceramic Hybrid Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Hybrid Bearings

What do you guys know about these, where do you get them, and how much are they? I thinking about my transmission.

Hap

Sorry, can't help, but I can tell you what you probably already know.

I was a machinist and back in Ohio, bout 11 or 12 years ago we got a new machine in. The Spindle ( where the tool holder goes) had a ceramic liner about 1/4" thick. I was shocked.

It wasn't until that point that I realized the actual strength and Longevity of Ceramic.

Now that I've been in Quality for years, I saw a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) from LK that has all the ways Ceramic. It's not only Tough, it's Thermally stable.

So, Hap, what I'm getting at is: When you find them, please share. 8)

Comment

Orient Express shows them. No price and no part numbers. I think I stumbled across them (I don't remember where) and they were over $100 each.

Give them a call.

Comment

bearings

I put a set of these in my q500 rc airplane racer the pair was $125 and these were mini bearings, full size $150 each I would guess or more

Comment

When I was shopping for skateboard bearings I had considered ceramics. They were priced too high for me to justify but were supposed to be the best. On the other hand I can't imagine how they could be much faster than what I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsg01
            Orient Express shows them. No price and no part numbers. I think I stumbled across them (I don't remember where) and they were over $100 each.

Give them a call.
            That was where I looked at first. No price tells me that they are expensive as, well, you know.

My question is if they do make them for the GS transmission, are the bearings cut for the thrust retainers (the u-shaped pieces that slide into the slots in the bearing bores)

Hap

Comment

Working...
            X