Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hooking up my new Dyna s ignition....URGENT PLZ !!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hooking up my new Dyna s ignition....URGENT PLZ !!!!!!!!!!

I have everything together & im worried about the wiring.On the plug that "used:"to go to the igniter theres 4 wires.black with a white stripe , black with a yellow stripe ,white & orange.The dyna has a black & a white wire(to go to the coils) & a red wire (to go to a orange thats on with the ignition).Im thinking i can use these wires that use to go to the igniter ........white to white , Black to the black with the yellow stripe & red to the orange(hot when ign. is on .sound right to you all ?Its getting dark & i wanna see how she runs 8)
    thanks
    Vinny

Check your PM's. Hit Refresh on yuor browser.

Comment

Colors will not match!!!!!

Comment

Thaks dm , lynn & everyone else who helps me Its all together & running REAL GOOD NOW .I didnt put a timing light on her yet .I will this weekend(idles a lil rough).I dont see any timing marks though :? .Power is awsome & starts right up(always did though)
        Hot DAm its a GREAT DAY
        Vinny

Comment

There is this moment:

You put her in nuetral, you turn the key on, you pull the clutch in, you hold the throttle in waiting, you quiver your thumb over the starter button. What thoughts are going thru your mind?
          "should I or shouldn't I? Is she or isn't she?"

Then with gusto, you press that little button. Hot Damn if your life doesn't accelerate the minute she fires up. 8)

Ahhhh, the good life. 8)

Congrats man. However, I didn't help here and I won't take credit.

Thanks Lynn, I too learned from this one.

Comment

DM...........YOU BETTER take credit!!!!! You were there for me man !That counts big time !Who did all the searching?Who found my answers?Who held my hand threw it all ?

DMPLATT did ,,,,thats who!!!

I know this wasnt brain surgery but...i was afraid if i screwed it up i'd fry my expensive new part!

Funny thing bout my bike is ......I NEVER think it'll break down , I expect it to run great always even if it is from 1980!

Comment

WooHoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                WooHoo!
                ROCK ON!!! 8)

Comment

Working...
                X