Fuel Inlet Valve broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Inlet Valve broke

I was pulling on the rubber fuel line to disconnect it from the carbs, and the fuel inlet valve broke off on the end. I tryed to re-attach it back to the metal tube that supplies the 4 carbs with fuel, using JB weld. It lasted for a couple of weeks, but now it has broken apart again. Should I buy a new fuel inlet valve, and is that what it is called so I know what to tell the dealer I need. Also, how do I install it? Do I need to seperate the carbs? It is a '77 GS750. thanks

YOU are Fu%43 the part is no longer availabe, Someone on the board may have one?? Next bet would be to send the broken parts to www.motorcyclecarbs.com he will make you a new one I think I heard it was around $40. Other option is to buy a used set of carbs on ebay for parts

Comment

There are two designs of this "T" fitting. One is rubber coated and has "built in" o-rings, the other is all metal with seperate o-rings.
      Look at yours closely. On each side where the shoulder of the fitting meets the carb fuel passage, if you see some rubber, then you'll have to repair or replace it with a better fitting one. If you see no rubber, then your "T" has seperate o-rings that you can buy from Robert Barr, a member here.
      It is possible to repair the "T". "Sandy", another member here, repaired the "T" by chamferring the fuel passage and installing an o-ring on each side that fits into this chamferred area. Do a search on Sandy's posts to find out what was said about the repair. There are other ideas to repair it, but I think this idea sounded good.
      Yes, you'll have to seperate the carb bank and re-synch the slides. Be careful of the other two smaller fuel tubes, they can cause the same problem.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Re: Fuel Inlet Valve broke

Originally posted by rumblefish
        I was pulling on the rubber fuel line to disconnect it from the carbs, and the fuel inlet valve broke off on the end. I tryed to re-attach it back to the metal tube that supplies the 4 carbs with fuel, using JB weld. It lasted for a couple of weeks, but now it has broken apart again. Should I buy a new fuel inlet valve, and is that what it is called so I know what to tell the dealer I need. Also, how do I install it? Do I need to seperate the carbs? It is a '77 GS750. thanks
        Go to the carb cleanup pages on this site. I know they are different carbs, but there are enough simularities to help. http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm

Is this the part you broke? It's labeled the "Fuel Inlet T" in this picture.

Terry

Comment

Those inlet "t"s are available from Bike Bandit (www.bikebandit.com).

Comment

Read the post!!!! HIS is broken. AND BikeBandit shows it as discontinued

Comment

Measure the width, I believe dif engines have dif spacing, I may have one in my parts box.

Comment

SqDancerLynn you have helped me out in the past so I won't be too harsh with you but you can e-mail or call Bike Bandit and find another year/model t connector that will fit those carbs. It's a "t" not some super special weird shaped part. All you need is the correct OD and length connector and you're set. You might even find something that works at a hardware store.

Comment

rumblefish is the one who needs the part. The members have gone thru this before Their is no part available from Suzuki

Comment

Hello rumblefish, you can find or have fabbed a t-connector to replace your broken one, just measure the length and OD. Any decent hardware store or metal fabricator will help you build what you need. Or you can jsut contact Bike Bandit and they might be able to help you find a comparable T from another year or engine size. Failing these options you can just hijack SqDancerLynn's T connector so she can see how easy it is to obtain another if you just step outside the Suzuki Genuine box.

Comment

funny but I have a spare for mine & no it is not for sale

Comment

she? 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Jeckler
                          she? 8O
                          You didn't hear about the operation? :twisted: :P

Comment

<Ican'tbelieveI'mgoingtoaskthis>Is she hot?</Ican'tbelieveI'mgoingtoaskthis>

Comment

8O who's telling my secrets

Comment

Working...
                              X