Manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manuals

What is the best manual to help me with my GS 850? Clymer, Chilton,...

HELP!!!

Factory Manual. They are available off of ebay and at swap meets.

Steve

Comment

I have never had a copy of the factory manual, but have been able to compare two:

clymers , and haynes.

my manual is clymers, and the manual for my buddies GSX-F 750 is haynes.

We both find the haynes to be very cluttered, and they intermixed the models a lot in the step-by-step explanations.

clymers, I have been pretty satisfied with, although sometimes they haven't gotten into as much detail as i would have liked (it would be a fat book if it did), but it generally has pretty good pictures, and well laid out instructions.

NOTE: many manuals will state my well hated statement: Assembly is the reverse of these steps...

Comment

Zuki factory manaul has most info specific to your specific model and year, which means you need to make sure the manaul is for your specific model and year. All pictures will be specific to your model and year. One thing I dont like is it makes reference to factory tools and testers that you will not have. Can find a used Zuki factory manaul on ebay from time to time.

Clymers are readly available new from various book sellers online. Generally cover a couple models and a few years in one book. Has more dignostic help than the Zuki manaul. And is organized more for the how-to procedures, such as how to remove clutch.

I see benifit to having one of each.

Have not liked the Hayes manauls. Havent seen any Chilton for bikes.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
        X