Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSX1100ES 1984 rebound or compression damping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100ES 1984 rebound or compression damping?

Greetings,

My bike features a damping selector for the front forks and one for the rear shock. Does anyone knows if this controls the rebound or the compression damping?

Thanks

Re: GSX1100ES 1984 rebound or compression damping?

Originally posted by Michel
    Greetings,

My bike features a damping selector for the front forks and one for the rear shock. Does anyone knows if this controls the rebound or the compression damping?

Thanks
    Michel, in my experience if there is only one damping adjustment, it is for rebound damping.

BB

Comment

On the front you have the anti-dive down on the bottom of the forks and damping up in the top under the rubber caps. On the rear you have damping and spring preload under the seat on the left side. Toss that stock shock for something better and put progressive type springs in the forks.

Comment

Thanks a lot Robert,

Please confirm the upper shocks settings are for spring preload and not damping. Alos what would you sugest as replacement and were can I get them from.

Thanks again.

Comment

Progressive suspension makes a nice set of fork spring, you can get them from www.denniskirk.com part # 58-961 75.99 usd. The adjustment on the top of the forks is for spring preload.

Comment

Great tip Robert, I found the progressive springs.

So your recomendation would be to keep the front forks but change the springs to progressive and change the whole back unit? Again if it is not too much hassle were do I find replacements.

I really apreciate your help

Michel

Comment

Working...
            X