Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1150 tranny into a 1100E motor???possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 tranny into a 1100E motor???possible???

Just a hypothetical question. While Jethro and I were shooting the sh@t Sunday, I mentioned that with all of the parts that interchange between the 2 motors,heads,cams,oil coolers and such....would it be possible to put a 6 speed tranmission from a 1150 into a 1100E motor??? :? :? :?
    The idea of a 6 speed is nice. Just didn't know the feasability of it. Not that I am going to try. Just a point to ponder.
    Realisticly it would probably be easier just putting a 1150 motor into the frame 8O :?
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Re: 1150 tranny into a 1100E motor???possible???

Doug, my 1150E has a 5 speed transmission. I dont believe there were any 1150's built with 6 speed trannys. With the torque of the 1150, I see no reason it would benefit from 6 speeds.

I believe the transmissions are the same though.

Earl

Originally posted by crag antler
    Just a hypothetical question. While Jethro and I were shooting the sh@t Sunday, I mentioned that with all of the parts that interchange between the 2 motors,heads,cams,oil coolers and such....would it be possible to put a 6 speed tranmission from a 1150 into a 1100E motor??? :? :? :?
    The idea of a 6 speed is nice. Just didn't know the feasability of it. Not that I am going to try. Just a point to ponder.
    Realisticly it would probably be easier just putting a 1150 motor into the frame 8O :?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Doug, my 1150E has a 5 speed transmission. I dont believe there were any 1150's built with 6 speed trannys. With the torque of the 1150, I see no reason it would benefit from 6 speeds.
      Well, I'll be dammed! I thought the 1150's had a 6 speed changer too.

Yesterday on my way home from VT, I was on route 89 doing 110. The tach showed 7k. I could easily cruise at 120 comfortably if I had another cog. That is until I got arrested and had my license torn to shreds!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        Well, I'll be dammed! I thought the 1150's had a 6 speed changer too.

Yesterday on my way home from VT, I was on route 89 doing 110. The tach showed 7k. I could easily cruise at 120 comfortably if I had another cog. That is until I got arrested and had my license torn to shreds!

Well there is my goof then 8O :x
        For some dumb as@ reason I thought they had a 6 speed.
        Never mind
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
        X