Exhaust suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust suggestions?

I am looking at buying an aftermarket exhaust setup very soon and wanted some input. I will be going cheap on it so on BikeBandit all I see for options are the Vance and Hines 4-1 Street Megaphone system and the Mac Megaphones Complete System. This is for my 77 GS750 by the way. I have read on this forum that the V&H is pretty quiet. I am after a stock replacement, good sounding exhaust to replace my falling apart rusting stuff with. Trying to keep it under $300. Any suggestions? I am against sitting and waiting for something to pop up on ebay because I want to get her running asap.

Also: I have never seen a black exhaust on a bike without a black motor. How does it look?

To clarify my above post, I don't want to spend the money on an exhaust if it isn't going to sound good :-)

Comment

The V&H street megaphone and MAC 4-1 will probably require re-jetting and if you put a value on your time, will be extremely expensive.

I'd look at the MAC 4-2 stock replacement or keep your eye close on ebay for OEM.

Both my V&H megaphone pipes and headers were quite loud. Might be quiter on the 8 valve 750 though.

Is your header still good? If so, see about just replacing your cans. I think you can pick up replacment cans for around $40 each brand new.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Have you checked e-bay? There has been many exhausts selling there. Not sure about your bike.

The general consesus on the GSR is stay away from Mac. Some people have had trouble with them. I hear they are poor quality. I've not had one, just what I read.

I got a Supertrapp header on e-bay for $64 shipped. Of course, it doesn't control the sound, but I'm quite happy with the quality.

Comment

Working...
        X