Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a trick to putting a clutch linkage back on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a trick to putting a clutch linkage back on?

I snapped the bolt on my clutch linkage trying to put it back on my 81' 650E. is there a trick to this or a certain order this should be put on or something? Do I need to put the linkage on and turn it untill the slack is taken out? I don't want to be snapping anymore bolts. I have to wait untill this part comes in to put it back on....it's on back order :O(

What bolt are you talking about? The only ones I can think of are either on the clutch lever on the handlebars, or on the clutch arm on the transmission. And how is it that it broke?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut
      What bolt are you talking about? The only ones I can think of are either on the clutch lever on the handlebars, or on the clutch arm on the transmission. And how is it that it broke?
      If I'm correct, I think he means the clutch mechanism in the chain cover, my 2 valve 750 is like that. I believe you turn the adjuster in until you start to feel some resistance, then back it out 1/4 turn. Then you tighten the locknut. 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Im talking about the little arm that goes on the shaft that sticks up out of the engine case, the bolt that tightens it onto the shaft snapped. I was wondering if I had done something wrong...I didnt even tighten the bolt much and it snapped like it was made out of plastic.

Comment

Working...
        X