forks and wheel swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forks and wheel swap???

i have a 79gs750e and have the oppurtunity to pick up a 1989 zx-7 ninja for $200 does anybody know if the forks,wheels and brakes will fit without too much modification

nobody knows?

Comment

If nobody else knows, I will tell you what I know. A 89 katana 750 front end fits an 82 gs 1100 perfectly. What does that tell you? Nothing for sure except that there is a lot of interchangability of front ends in the brand. In my case, it lowered the front of the bike considerably as it uses a 17 inch wheel instead of a 19 which in effect steepens the fork angle. It also uses a low profile rear tire which should help a bit.

Comment

Wait, I didnt notice that the brands are different. Kawy to suzuki? Probably wont work but who knows.

Comment

i was told by a mechanic that some kawasaki's will fit as long as they have the tapered bearings, i haven't been able to find a suzuki for under $900 and i can get yamaha's and kawasaki's for under $200

Comment

Try the "performance mods " forum and you will reach a more receptive group on this issue.

Comment

say 3-phase, did you change your swing arm or just go with the original ? thanks...b.b.

Comment

Bobo, I bought the bike as a parts machine so I dont honestly know if it is a gs or katana swingarm. I do know that the rod thet goes to the rear brake caliper has a bend in it to accomodate the fatter back tire but otherwise it looks the same, I will measure it later and post.

Comment

Working...
                X