Comments on this exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on this exhaust

I am wanting to put on a high performance 4-1 pipe on my 83 GS 1100. Vance and Hines has a "4-1 Chrome" exhaust. Does any one know how these perform? I have also found a 4-1 MAC, which they call high performance, but the MAC 2-2 is far from "performance". Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Kind regards...Craig

I just put a new one on my '82 1100E (stock motor, pods, Stage III, DynaS). Great pipe. Not too loud, easy access to oil plug and filter. You even get to keep the centerstand. Highly recommended.

Comment

I had a vance and Hines 4 into 1 on my 750. Performance was ok, but I was a lot louder than I could stand. I havent bought another because of it.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I have had kerkers on all 3 of my 1100's. Love them, only down side the removal of the centerstand.

Comment

I have a V&H supersport canister type. I think it sounds good and not too loud, but you loose the centerstand and must remove the exhaust to change the oil.
          1982 GS1000S Katana
          1982 GS1100E

Comment

That lets Kerker out for me. I use the centerstand too much.

Earl

Originally posted by Mattman
            I have had kerkers on all 3 of my 1100's. Love them, only down side the removal of the centerstand.
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I recommend the V&H chrome megaphone. Good pipe. You'll need to go up a size or two on the main jet. Also, a little tweaking of the mixture screws.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I took the supertrap off my 1150 & installed a V & H, mainly so I could put the centerstand back on, and V & H has more low end torque than most others. Due to the smaller diameter of the collector. Always remember, if you don't need to re-jet, your pipe isn't breathing any better than what you had

Comment

Thanks guys!! I have just got the bike dyno'd with the MAC 2-2, 36mm flat slides, cams, 1166cc rebuild, dyna 2000, pod filters, and it is only getting 100 HP with a flat spot at 6 K rpm. The fellows that did the dyno think the problem is with the pipes. I would love to find a set of stainless pipes, but have not had any luck. I thought of building a set, and I am still considering this. Anyone heard back about the "X-pipe" story? I contacted V&H and they are back ordered to July for their 4-1 so....I guess I ride the bike the way it is for now.

Kind regards....Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X