spark plug gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug gap

ok last question of the day hehe. what is the correct spark plug gap on a 1980 gs 850 gl?

.024"-.031"

Comment

Gonna be kinda hard to see that small of a gap after you spark up that gorilla finger loghomeartist! :P
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

couldn't see it before made my daughter show me where on the gap tool the spot was , ok drained oil, and as was anticipated it was full of gas, almost smelled mroe like gas then oil, let it drain for an hour just to be sure, added new oil, changed oilfilter, threw champion plugs in the garbage cause that is where they belong.......... installed new NGK plugs and caps,drained gas from tank, installed new pingal pet cock, changed out 160 jets for 155's cause have still been a bit rich,
        one quarter out on carbs since my carb sync tool wich i just ordered i might add isn't going to be here for another week, clipped wires on clutch safety crap and soldered together and hid the wire's with some redneck engineering, spilt my beer trying to do this, still pouting about that. so reinstalled feshly charged battery that "IS" full of water this time, and put the key in, here was the moment i've been waiting for all day. hit the button without having to pull the clutch :wink and omg guys this bike purred even better than it did, idles 100 times better oh yea i put stock idle jets back in because the jet kit idle jets "SUCK" idles soo good, great throttle responce the my neigborhood, now i'm putting my jacket on and my jeans and boots and going to see if my gas milage improves wich i'm almost certain it will since i'm not losing half my gas in my exaust lol we will see i'll be back in a few hours and i'll let you guys know how she goes

Comment

Woohooo Glad you got it running right. Where abouts in Ala. are you. I lived in Tuscaloosa and Northport for about 15 years.

Comment

i live in helena just south of b'ham

Comment

Working...
            X