Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vents, Inlets and hoses... Oh My...3 lines for the fuel cock

OK,

This is where I wish I had a Dad who worked on bikes and I paid attention. As posted in my other posts, I am newbie and own a 81 GS550 L.

I was having issues were it was running but I could tell I was having some carbs issues so I thought I would do some poking and cleaning (did not attempt the rebuild yet) and now I am ready to put the carbs back on the bike....

except....

when my father in law pulled the carbs the first time, I think he reinstalled them wrong. SO.......

I tried looking in the maunals but do not see anything. I am using the CARB cleanup section here on the forum for referance. When I look at the pictures and place what tube goes where... I have extra tubes left over. (which I know I am doing something wrong)

Here is what I think I have......
    PIC 003, the VENT T.. I have 2 of those. I believe those just go back OVER the air box .

PIC 003, the FUEL INLET... (confused)... this has a hose with a spring around it Does this not go back to the air box and attach to the box? OR does this go the white connector coming out of the fuel petcock.

PIC 004, the Vacuum Port to Petcock. It claims it goes to the FUEL Petcock small tube fitting. Is this the long tube running off the petcock. Its the only that makes sense since it is the longest one but then I am confused where the tube with coil around it goes.

So... now with all that mentioned... turn back to the petcock. I have 2 small tubes connected to it. One of the has a white plasitc connector that should connect to another tube but I don't know where it goes. That leaves me with 1 tube out of the 3 left.

I did some searches on the forum and can not find any better pics. If you have a link or a picture to post... that would be great. I guess this why some guys go to school to do this stuff. Everyone has challenges, this is mine. Thanks for all your help. I look forward to the posts. Have fun with it!

Sean

PS ... I will post pictures if needed

The two T's are the vents The fuel inlet T connects to the petcock. The small hose from the petcock goes to the nippleon the #2 carb on the intake side.

Comment

I have 3 hoses coming off the petcock. I still have 1 left according to your post.

#1 The fuel inlet T connects to the petcock.
      #2 The small hose from the petcock goes to the nipple on the #2 carb on the intake side.
      #3?

Comment

I found pics...

I found this picture but I am still wondering what I do with third hose from the fuel /petcock. Is it just a runoff? and hangs behind the engine near the airbox?

Sean

(I think I am almost there)

Comment

the third hose on the tank if i am hearing you correctly is actually not on the petcock, if we are on the same page it is forward the petcock on the tank itself, runs off a round piece of metal? if this is the one your speaking of it is simply a Gastank vent line and you can just run it whereever is convienent for you

Comment

My bad..... loghome is correct. I am all set on the tubing!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X