84GS1100GK Outfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84GS1100GK Outfit

I just completed a 5000km plus ride from Alice Springs to Melbourne for the Australian round of the World Superbikes,with my 10yr old daughter as company and ballast. We had a great time. Now the old girl is feeling a bit tired after the gallop there and back or should that be canter. Anyway the clutch has started to slip at about 4000rpm then lock again. My question is whether I should replace springs with heavier set because of extra weight or stick with std. ones. Sorry about posting in wrong section. Regards Paul

I would go with new standard ones. But be advised to replace the spring bolts. they stretch very easily, especially when re-used.

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
      I would go with new standard ones. But be advised to replace the spring bolts. they stretch very easily, especially when re-used.
      I've found that out the hard way I've got some on order from JT's (aka crotchrocket.com) if they ever get here.

Comment

I changed to heavy duty springs and really hated it. Your clutch arm will get tired real quick- riding in traffic become pure misery. A new set of standard springs should be fine for pulling two up.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
        X