What to do ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do ??

Alright , so im going to pull the motor on the 850L it is a shaft driven bike :? anywho, I was wondering what kind of performance mods are
    1. cheap
    2. farely easy
    3.CHEAP
    4. create more pwer or lighter weight

I was also considering painting, what do you guys think of blacking one out??

is there a larger head that i may use to replace this one (1000) (1100) (1150) ???

I also have a pretty reliable source of heavy parts so maybe another motor all together , thats not shafty.
    Do you guys and gals know of one that should bolt in readily?? with swingarm also.

You should be able to tell that im open to a wide area of ideas so plaese dont be shy ( i relize most of you arent) ok dont be lazy post a reply help me build a beast,

I will be doing progress updates with pics. if i make any (progress)

I havent told her i dream of the drag strip, soon enough though :twisted:

I was also considering painting, what do you guys think of blacking one out??
    My 83 gs1100gk came with a black engine, so I kind of like the look.

Comment

I also thought that black would look good and it much easier than, polish buff, polish buff. the rest of the bike is black and chrome so i was thinking with a good looking exghaust it will look good.

thanks for a reply

Comment

YOUR best preformance upgrade dollar for dollar would be to put a GS1000G motor into your GS850

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          YOUR best preformance upgrade dollar for dollar would be to put a GS1000G motor into your GS850
          or a GS1100G engine, better still, but it would require some ignition mods.

Comment

I have actually located 2 of these bikes down the road, torn apart in the front yard of some one's house( it is arkansas) they have been there for several months . I have stopped twice but the guy didnt come to the door . im gonna stay on it though,

thanks

Comment

Switching to a larger engine is about the best bang you can expect for your bucks.

You can change air cleaners, re-jet the carbs and replace the exhaust. After that, there is not really much to do with the 850L. It was never seen by the after-market performance folks as a worthwhile target bike.
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

The 850 is a fine reliable engine, extremely capable. But you can't displace displacement and the 1000-1150 cc engine represent as good as it gets for GS suzukis.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
                X