R/R Followup... and question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/R Followup... and question

Original Post: Stator/RR/Battery...again... (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=33845)

I got my new Electrix R/R and installed it based on the recommendations in this forum. I attached all three legs of the stator to the R/R, attached the ground directly to the battery's (-) and attached the R/R's output to the (+) terminal on the starter relay.

After all installed, I retested the system and I am a little confused. I have two voltmeters, one mounted on the bike permanently and a RadioShack multimeter. At idle, both meters read 13.8v but at 5K rpm the bike?s volt meter has 14.8v and the multimeter has 15.15v at the battery terminals. FYI, the bike's volt meter is wired into the fuse block.

My question is this: How worried should I be about the variance between meters and if the 15.15v reading is correct, is a charge rate of 15.15v dangerous/harmful to the charging system?

Thanks for you help!

15.15 volts is NOT good for your battery.

Get another meter and check it again.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Did you have the lights on when you checked it? As long as it doesn't go any higher chalk it up to meter error

Comment

Did you have the lights on when you checked it? As long as it doesn't go any higher chalk it up to meter error
        I did have the lights on and on high. I've taken several readings since my original post and none where above 15.1v. At idle, the bike is charging at 13.8v and from 2500 up to 7000 rpm the system holds steady at 15.1v (on the multimeter) reguardless of lights or any other electrical draw. The bike's volt meter holds at 14.8v.

I am going to borrow a friend's multimeter tomorrow to confirm my original readings.

Comment

Working...
        X