Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marzocchi damper

Hi guys,

I have a '79 gs750e with some modifications. One of these is that the rear dampers are changed into Marzocchi with some sort of cylinder with an air nipple for tuning.

1: Is it good?

2: Is it common on a early gs?

3: How should they be tuned?

4: Are they likely to be worn out?

regards
    / Henrik

Re: Marzocchi damper

I have had Marzocchi dampers in my gs650gt. my experiences are:

1: Is it good?

better than original

2: Is it common on a early gs?

I think they're quite commonly used in many 70'-80' bikes as aftermarket dampers

3: How should they be tuned?

depends on how You're riding and how much weight You have on your bike. The adjustments are quite versatile.

4: Are they likely to be worn out?

Yep, like all italian goods... but repair kits and fitting oil seals are available

regards
    / Henrik[/quote]

Comment

The U.S. distributor for those shocks is Cosmopolitan Motors. You'll have to do a search, I don't know thier website. They should have parts and info.
      Axel

Comment

Mine are 20 years old and still working fine - If they ride well, don't mess with them - add a little (and I mean little) air in the resevoir if they feel a bit soft

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Cannon
          Mine are 20 years old and still working fine - If they ride well, don't mess with them - add a little (and I mean little) air in the resevoir if they feel a bit soft
          You're right... One must be careful with air, especially when inflating the dampers with the regular air pumps at the gas stations (they are not accurate enough with small amounts of air like this). The result may be excess pressure and damage of seals.

Comment

Working...
          X