No announcement yet.

Rust in Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, you should be fine. I didn't catch the part where ou said you were coating the tank inside.

Dm of mD

Comment

OK, so you guys think that now taht I sealed my tank I should be alright with just the Cintered Bronze filter MADE FOR MOTORCYCLES
      I think that when I put one on my bike that was labled MADE FOR MOTORCYCLES it 'effed up the fuel delivery so bad I couldn't run at wide open throttle without serious surging. And it was brand new. Took it off and ran the bike like the engineers designed it and all was good.

The main problem I see with them is that the bike is designed to run with 5/16 inch fuel line- nothing more, nothing less. It's proven that a smaller diameter fuel line adversly affect performance. When you add an inline filter to 5/16" fuel line you effectively make the fuel line 1/4" or smaller depening on the flange of the inline filter. I couldn't believe this would make a difference, but it does. If you use a filter, just make sure the smallest opening in the entire fuel line is no smaller than 5/16, as the fuel line is only as large as it's smallest opening. That means you'll have to use a filter designed for something like 1/2" fuel line.

I don't know, people have opinions about these filters, mine has been jaded with the bad experiences I had running them.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

ive got the bronze thing on my bike now, and no problems.

Comment

Working...
        X