Rear Master cylinder 85 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Master cylinder 85 700

I was wondering if anyone knows of rear master cylinder that would jump right in to an 85 gs 700, there doesnt seem to be a rebuild kit available. are any other years compatable, or if anyone has an extra? any info would be greatly appreciated.

There may not be a rebuild kit available, but all the individual parts are available at a dealer, Bike Bandit, etc. Or the whole master cylinder assembly is available for $130 or so...

Comment

I just rebuilt my rear master cylinder on my 82 GS850L and I bought a kit for $23.
      Cleaned everything as I took it apart w/ BrakeKlean from parts store. Wiped every dot of gunk out and carefully reinstalled all the parts, bled the traditional way and it works like a charm. Took about an hour and a half start to finish and was a deal rather than buying new rear master cylinder. I would definitely advise even fairly novice to attempt.
      Ozarkdrb

Comment

GS700 Rear Master

Rebuild kits are available from the dealer. I just recently rebuilt the master on my 83 GS750ES and the kit was ~$25.
        MP

Comment

Working...
        X