quality LED tail light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quality LED tail light?

I know that there are a lot of posts on this topic, and I have searched them, but I am having a hard time deciding which LED lights are quality and which are not. I've seen them range from $4 to $140 for a tail light.

Which LED bulbs have you guys found that work well for a 1157 replacement?

any info/reviews/links will help. What has worked for you?

thanks

I have been looking at adding some LED lights to my bike and found this web site. http://www.autolumination.com/

Comment

Hi

No led replacement bulb will work as good as the filament bulb...
      Because the leds have wery narrow beam so it will not go to the reflctor around the bulb. (Some bulbs do have a few Leds 90 degrees of the rest)

On my GS I have mounted a Rear&Brake Led light from Germany (www.louis.de)
      Each led has its own reflector, 28 of them, and 5 leds pointing down on the license plate.

It cost 35.- EURO + carriage

Comment

rear light

Just wired in a couple of 20w halogens in the tail and they seem to work fine so far. Mounted them on either side of the 1157. just drill 2 appropriate sized holes and connect the dots this will allow the bulb and wire to pass through and epoxy in place. Wire into your brake light circuit and you're done. your tail light indicator on your dash may come on but what the heck -go to dollar store and buy a cheap clock and glue it over top.

Comment

I've replaced all the 1157 bulbs on my bikes with the 2357LL (long life).

Still a 3cp taillamp, but 40cp instead of 32cp on the brake filament. Heat and current draw increases are insignificant. Brake filament life is reduced to 800 hours of "on" time, but that is a lot of riding! Just change the (cheap) bulbs every couple of years. The taillamp filament is rated for the same service as the 1157 bulb. WalMart has the best price I've seen - $2.69 for a two pack.

Comment

These are the best LED lights in the business. Also the most expensive

You send in your complete unit, or a good description and pictures with dimensions, and he custom builds an internal LED array to fit it. Mostly RUB Harley owners , of course

Figure $250 roughly per unit.

Or just carry $2 spares like us. It's a legal requirement to carry spares here, anyway.

One thing to watch for is the fit of replacement bulb units. Sometimes the depth of the stem is a fit problem, and you can wreck the holder trying to get the firkin thing to go in there. Ask me how I know

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X