Reverse shift pattrn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse shift pattrn

Again i dont know if this is a repeat but i want to reverse the shift pattern on my 83 gs1100e. It has tons of linkage rather than a directly attached foot shifter. I was thinking of cutting off one of the levers from the setup and after changing the position of the smaller lever to straight up, reweld the lever from the rear part of thee mechanism into a convenient spot to allow me to upshift by pushing the foot pedal down--I know the descriptin is not good but unfortunately i do not have the ability to do better.
    Anyone done this or have any ideas--My reflexes have been hampered but the stroke and when i pull a gear i sometimes miss or pull too hard causing th bike to rock too much-I have a second shift mechanism in transit from california.

Your descripton is perfectly clear Scotty. I dont see any problem with what you want to do. Usually on any kind of linkage/bellcrank arangement, all you have to do to reverse the relative directions is to add a single flange on the other side of any pushrod opposite an existing flange(bellcrank ear). That will leave all throws the same distance and you should not have to adjust anything for it to work the same as before but in reverse.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

why dont you just give me your bike....or you could try a heel toe shifter?

Comment

Yes, just flipping the splined attachment (top to bottom or bottom to top)will result in a 'racers' pattern. Many a GSXR has been put on the wrong way, and then the owner taps it all the way down (actually taking it up to the highest gear). Then they can't get it to move, saying it dies whenever they let out the clutch. I know because I'm the one they bring it to for repair!

Comment

Originally posted by rick romero
          why dont you just give me your bike....or you could try a heel toe shifter?
          rick
          but there is no possibility of using a heel and toe shifter as far as i can see. on diferent model GS bikes the shift lever is direct and then your suggestion would be possible to adapt but in this rig there isn't even room for a lever that extends toward the back of the bike.

Comment

Hey Scotty,

Why not go for an AirShifter? All you do is give it a nudge and it does the work for you.

Kim

Comment

post a pic of you shifter setup

Comment

Originally posted by rick romero
                post a pic of you shifter setup
                Rick your new avitar confused me --I thought that Janet had drawn another crazy rabbit. I almost wrote you a love letter yesterday 8O 8O
                I will post a photo and notify you on the website

Comment

Originally posted by kkmiller
                  Hey Scotty,

Why not go for an AirShifter? All you do is give it a nudge and it does the work for you.

Kim
                  The reason is simple --I have given it much thought and researched it heavily--In fact i have easy access to Murdoch racing --
                  The reason is the same one that i dont install
                  welded and ballanced crank
                  40mm flatslides
                  racing cams anda entire new Heavy duty valve train
                  adjustable cam gears
                  over sized stainless valves with a 3 angle valve job
                  ported and flowed heads
                  and the list goes on

Comment

Working...
                  X