LOUD PIPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOUD PIPE

I have an old kerker 4 in 1. the dam thing is LOUD. can you repack the baffle on these? Or if not what is a good replacement for it? V/H? I don't like seriously loud, It's waking up the nieghbors, know what i mean? Thanks.

I feel your pain. Trust me on that. My other GS has a V&H and although it isn't as quiet as stock it isn't loud at all. A very nice, high quality pipe.

If there is a way to make these Kerker's quieter I am all ears too.

Comment

OK
      I'm good with that. Now does V/H still sell 4 in 1s for our older machines?

Comment

Can't you just repack it like you would any other pipe?

I mean, assuming it's a pipe model that came with fiberglass packing in the first place. I'd swear I ordered a repacking kit from Dennis Kirk and repacked a Kerker on an old Kawasaki once. That's been a while, though. Heck, maybe it was a V&H pipe.

If it's like a Mac pipe (no packing, just steel baffles), then you might need to see if the baffles are rusted out and need replacement.

Is the pipe just welded shut or something?
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Re: LOUD PIPE

Originally posted by Mattman
          I have an old kerker 4 in 1. the dam thing is LOUD. can you repack the baffle on these? Or if not what is a good replacement for it? V/H? I don't like seriously loud, It's waking up the nieghbors, know what i mean? Thanks.
          I have an older kerker on my GS1000G and mine is repackable, there should be a bolt at the bottom aft end of the pipe, remove the bolt and pull the baffle out. My repack last quite a while, after removing old packing(if any) I wrap a close weave fiberglass cloth a couple of wraps around core, hold in place with safety wire, next, I take metal house screen and put around fiberglass also hold in place with safety wire,then put the fiberglass packing material(looks like household insulation most bike shops carry this) followed lastly with a final layer of metal house screen held with safety wire, This lasts years before the house screen corrodes out and the fiberglass is blown out. Ive used this on my GS850 with a Vance and Hines which is almost identicle to the older Kerker.

Comment

How do you get the baffle out of the MAC muffler? I have tried grabbing it with locking pliers and pulling but to no avail?

Maybe use a slide hammer or something?

Lost,
            Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X