Best Service Manual for GS550?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Service Manual for GS550?

I am the proud owner of my first GS. Bought a 550 off a guy on this board. He gave me a Hayne's manual with it. Is this a good resource for repairs? I'd like to go thru the carbs, since it was running rough and hesitating.

Thanks!

I have a clymer manual for my GS, but I had hayne's manuals for my former bikes. I personally thing Hayne's are easier to follow. If you are planning a carb job, the best way is to follow threads at this page like this one.

Comment

COOL!!! Darn it, I looked all over this site for just this information! Guess I didn't look hard enough :roll:

Thanks Nitti!

John

Comment

8O
        Oh my gosh, I didn't look in the Technical section. I was trying to do searchs for threads and didn't even bother to look there.

](*,) :roll:

Comment

Book

If you can get ahold of a Suzuki manual, they are by far the best. Haynes and Clymer manuals are decent but both have considerable shortcomings, in my opinion. :?

By the way, Suzuki manuals have regular stock numbers, just like any Suzuki part and many of the older ones are still available. 8)
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X