Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 gs450 fork parts discontinued forever???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs450 fork parts discontinued forever???????

I went to bikebandit to get fork piston rings. I ordered them and then they sent me a discontinued notice. I havent tried the suzuki dealer yet but I am anxious to get my bike together so I can take the test for the license. Does anyone know how to make these so I can restore dampening action in my front suspension????? ( I already replaced the seals but the rings are worn.)

I'm not sure how to make them, but you can try these sites, to see if they're discontinued totally, they're all cheaper prices than bikebandit anyways.

Welcome to Alpha Sports Online Parts Catalog. Search our Online Store for Arctic Cat parts and accessories. We have one of the largest parts inventories on the Web. Authorized Dealer for Arctic Cat, CF Moto and AlphaSports. Hyosung Motorcycles. Pre-Order your 2014 Arctic Cat Snowmobiles and Arctic Cat Atv's, ETon ATV's, CF Moto Motorcycles. Snowmobile Parts, ATV Parts.

CrotchRocket.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

good luck

Comment

Are you talking about the o-rings or the ring clips? I've gotten both for my 1982 400E last year. I do not forsee a problem getting rubber OEM Suzuki parts (other than some carb boots) any time soon.

Steve

Comment

fork piston rings

Thank you viviane.

These parts are called fork piston rings and it is like a plastic washer that is cut at a 45 degree angle so when it compresses inside the fork tube it seals so the piston can dampen properly.

Comment

no problem rrob.

A couple things to clarify, the best way to order from alpha sports and ronayers is to find the part number from alpha sports with their pretty pictures, then copy and paste that number into ronayers, no pretty picture, but better prices.

And as for JT motorsports, yes they do have awesome prices, around 50% cheaper than bike bandit, and about 25-30% cheaper than ronayers, however; They are a virtual warehouse, meaning they don't stock most (if any) OEM parts, especially for our older bikes, so they have to order from another warehouse, wait to recieve those parts, repackage it for you, than they'll send it. I had to wait a month before I got my parts.

The moral of this story is, if you want quicker shipping by a week or more, and an email with a tracking number, you'll have to spend about $20 more for every $80 of parts. I order all my "I need it now parts" from either bikebandit or RonAyers, but parts that "I can wait" I get from JT. Your choice, my 2 cents.

Comment

rrob...here ya go:

crotchrocket.com FORK PISTON RIN $2.51
            ronayers.com FORK PISTON RIN $3.24
            mrcycles.com FORK PISTON RIN $4.18
            bikebandit.com DISCONTINUED $3.99
            powersportspro.com FORK PISTON RIN $4.99
            hondaeast.com FORK PISTON RIN $3.99
            mineolamoto.com FORK PISTON RIN $3.99

These rings are used for lots of different model bikes.

Comment

gs forks

thank you very much- thats just what I needed.

Comment

Working...
              X