Clipons for a 85 700E what will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipons for a 85 700E what will fit?

Hi there again guys, after riding my brothers zx-11 and getting back on my 700e, i really need to do somthing with these 5" rise clip ons!

Anyone know of any clip ons that are thin enough to mount in the stock location on these bikes?

I was thinking of going to a machine shop and having them cut and reweld my stock bars but it seems like too much work to get the angles right and stuff..

it seems like 37mm clipons didnt come on too many bikes,.

maybe i could take a set of bigger diameter ones and have my machine guy slide in a peice of 37mm aluminum stock, weld it and put a slice in it to let it tighten.

Thanks for your help!
    Jason

Here's one source.

Comment

Hey i think i may have lucked out!!!< check these out i just pulled the trigger on.

Comment

why not try a set of Jota bars and save a shed load of hassle ?

Comment

Originally posted by cloggie triton
          why not try a set of Jota bars and save a shed load of hassle ?
          What are "JOTA" bars??

Dm of mD

Comment

ya what are JOTA bars? these bikes have factory huge rise clipons so you cant run regular tube clubman or euro bars.

Comment

GS700 Clipons

Those will do it. I'm using clipons from a late 80's Honda 600 Huricanne. They work great (37mm) and got them for next to nothing.
              MP

Comment

Mario what bike do you have? do you have them mounted on top of the triple tree or underneath?

Comment

I use handlebars from a GS1150 and they have very little rise and work perfect, for me.

Kevan
                  GS 177,000 kms

Comment

I also know from first hand experience, the GS550 from 83 through 86 are the same. You could try the 550ES bars. I have a pair of Telefix clip-ons from the mid 80's that are on mine.

Didn't you buy the Katana ones on ebay, if so, you could mount them above the triple.

Kenny

Comment

Daytona used to make 37mm clip-ons that mounted using the stock attachment points. They bolted straight to the top triple with no rise. I have seen them on ebay occasionaly.
                      You can probably mount below the top triple on the straight E model. Also, the ES bars are 2-3 inches lower than the E bars. Good Luck, Ed.
                      1983 GS750ED

Comment

If you mount under the top triple you're going to have the plumbing for that you add air to the fork to deal with. If you run Progressive springs you could seal off the air holes in the tubes and remove the plumbing.

Comment

Working...
                        X