Clutch Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Cable

Have 1981 GS650G, clutch cable is broken. Will a clutch cable from a 1982 GS850 fit.

When clutch is puller in (disengaged) and the bike is in gear, will the rear wheel still rotate. Or should disengaging the clutch, cause the real wheel to stop rotating?

Stephen

Re: Clutch Cable

Originally posted by Stephen
    Have 1981 GS650G, clutch cable is broken. Will a clutch cable from a 1982 GS850 fit.

When clutch is puller in (disengaged) and the bike is in gear, will the rear wheel still rotate. Or should disengaging the clutch, cause the real wheel to stop rotating?

Stephen
    The wheel will usually rotate slightly because of normal clutch drag, but while rotating one should be able to put slight pressure on the wheel and it will stop rotating without causing the engines RPMs to decrease. If engine idles down or dies then you have excessive clutch drag.

Comment

I would think the cable would work but it will probable be longer than the original

Comment

If the cable is too long cut it.

I bought a cable that was too long for my GS850. I cut it down to the proper length and used a cable bolt to fasten it to the lever that sticks out of the motor. I see this as an advantage becouse I was able to oil the cable and I can clean it in the future. Just make sure you put a crimp cap on the end.

Comment

Working...
        X