Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a 1980 GS 550 Muffler fit a 1978?

Hi,

I have a set of exhaust for a 1980- GS 550 for sale, and a member asked if it would fit a 1978 GS 550. I dont know, but the frame looks the same, what do you think?
    BTW, the Suzuki part number on the left Muffler cannister is DGM32575S.

Jay

Anybody know the answer to this one? I viewed the schematic for both years and the main difference that I see is the addition of a crossover on the 1980 pipes. I would love to send Jay the cash and I'll bet he would like to receive it! 8)

Comment

The pipes will fit into the engine but the mufflers won't bolt to the frame!

I have an 80's GS550 exhaust on my 79 GS550 and I can't use the rear bolt for the muffler. I have an alternative way of fixing it.

If you want to refer the forum member to me, I have a pair of original pipes from a 79 (will fit 78) in great shape. Not meant to steal your sale...just helping out!

~Adam

Comment

Hey Adam;

I am the member looking to replace the rusted exhaust on my '78 GS550. The baffles are toast. Why did you replace the pipes on your bike with the '80 pipes?

Comment

Why did he REplace the Pipes?

Charles,

Look at the list of mods on his 550, that should explain the pipe swap!
          BTW, go for his old ones, I will find a buyer for mine sooner or later.

Jay

Comment

Thank you for that, Jay! There sure are some great people on this forum!

Comment

Working...
            X