very short clutch lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very short clutch lever

I have a 1993 GS1100GSX G with 11,000 miles and a very short hydrolic clutch lever -the lever only needs to move about one inch to fully engage or release. I have bled the line and talked to my local shops - that say there is no adjustment. Is there any way to achieve a longer play in the clutch lever? The engine is completely stock and no new parts have been added. Thank you, MOrider

well they are right, it has no adjustment.
    what kind of clutch disc are you using in it?
    some types of clutch friction disc are very tricky and have little slip before they bite, you could try changing friction disc.

Comment

you could also ask here www.gsx1100g.com
      this is web site dedicated to the late GSX1100G

Comment

Re: very short clutch lever

I dont understand why that is a problem. The clutch lever on my 1150 has uses about 1/2" of travel on a shift and perhaps 3/4 to 1" travel at a full stop in gear. I have it set that way intentionally.

Earl

Originally posted by MOrider
        I have a 1993 GS1100GSX G with 11,000 miles and a very short hydrolic clutch lever -the lever only needs to move about one inch to fully engage or release. I have bled the line and talked to my local shops - that say there is no adjustment. Is there any way to achieve a longer play in the clutch lever? The engine is completely stock and no new parts have been added. Thank you, MOrider
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X