Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

order of clutch plate reinstallation....HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order of clutch plate reinstallation....HELP!

I have a question on reinstalling the clutch plates.

I don't have the order correctly noted for the reinstallation of the clutch and drive plates.

2 of the clutch plates are one sided, I assume one is first and one is last.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or does someone have the order?

Thanks

PS-To those that gave me a hand earlier Thanks everything went smoothly.

It would help to know what type of bike you have.
    Check this site for good part fiches which could be of some help: http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Comment

I just heard that it's a 1983 GS850G.

6 goes in with the closed side at the back

8 is the wave washer, the smaller diameter side goes to the back too, inside #6.

Then comes the first steel plate (#13) which is held in place with the wire (#7)

From there on you just put fiber and steel plates alternatively, they do have slightly different sides if you look closely, put them all in the same way to be sure.

Be sure to use a new lock plate behind the centre nut!

Do the experts agree with all this?

Comment

Are these the new clutch plates (fiber) that have a coating on one side?

Comment

Hello to all...thanks for your help. The GS850 has a new clutch that grips strongly in all gears!!!!

Since the project is now over I have come to a few conclusions. The "one sided" plates are just really badly burnt out plates.

Never overtight the clutch spring screws. I have one break that i had to drill out and extract.

If anyone is experiencing trouble with their clutch or clutch adjustment....I have just gone through the whole thing....drop me an email.

THANKS to everyone that helped!!!

Comment

Working...
          X