Fuel Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injection

has anyone tried to or planning on installing fuel injection onto their gs machine.

Just wondering! Something that I have thought about for some time now.

I don't think I've ever heard of that... That would be a major undertaking, going from aspirated to injected... I'd never be able to make all the mods to do it properly.

Comment

whoa, that is like changing the heartbeat on the engine. I have heard of people injecting their older BMW R-bikes but I have never seen one. I do know that the older GPZ1100 was fuel injected. Also there was a company that built a fuel injection system for drag suzukis but if I remember correctly it was dificult to tune. Hope that helps.
      Al

Comment

It would certainly have to ba a throttle body setup versus the direct injection (unless you were into some serious mods). I've heard or read somewhere about a "new" carb setup where all the cylinders are run off a single carb, but I think that was geared towards the Goldwings.

Comment

Did you know Suzuki introduced fuel injection back in 1983 on the XN85 Turbo? The engine's basically the same as the GS650 and the injection works quite well.
          Axel

Comment

My 85 voyager 1300 is fuel injected, and it is great, no floats to stick, no long warm up routines. It is posible to adapt the system used on the KZ to work on a gs, the hard part would be programing the ECM to the variables of the gs engine.

Comment

Fuel Injection

Axel said it best my XN85 starts up first crank every time and it has fuel injection from 1983. But then again the XN85 was way ahead of its time.

Robert

Comment

There are a lot of aftermarket fuel injection kits available. I worked on a project open wheeled race car using a motorcycle engine. I don't remember which Honda engine it was but the guys put on a TEC II fuel injection system and a variable vane turbo charger. The acceleration on that thing was rediculous as it was geared for a top speed of 140km/h and it also had a wonderful sound. :P We did try to do a dyno test on it but it was only putting out 4HP after the turbo blew up...

Steve

Comment

I've had dreams of a pair of VNT's on my pickup for a while 8O

If you're industrious you could convert your carbs to throttle bodies and roll your own EFI using an aftermarket controller like the megasquirt.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

I had a dream... of FI, when I woke up I had bought myself a brand new fuel injected GSX1400 8)

Comment

How much does insurance cost on a 1400? I paid $700CDN for insurance on my 400 and I have been afraid to bend over ever since...

Steve

Comment

I had a dream... of FI, when I woke up I had bought myself a brand new fuel injected GSX1400
                        Tell us more about your GSX1400, we can't get them here.

Axel

Comment

Hiya all GS(X) ers
                          You prob know that the 4-valve GS series are named GSX in Europe, and the GSX1400K2 are the last bike (by now) in the GS range of bikes.
                          I bought mine as the first example in Europe, wasnt supposed yo come here before 2002, but some clever guy at the Norwegian ordered 5 bikes after a late dinner visiting the factory.
                          When I got the chance to order one of these 5 bikes I couldnt say no...
                          The bike is very retro, I have had all the top bikes from Suzuki since 1976 and up, but this is by far the best (both looking and driving )
                          The build of quality is very high compared to the Ban.12, has twin Ohlins-looking shock absorbers rear, and 46mm fork-tubes front .
                          Properly set up, it feels like I could drive in circles around my old Kat 1100
                          Even thoughI had done major improvments on the Kat.(R11 front, Ohlins rear 5,0" rim rear 170/60-17etc etc etc)
                          But THE ENGING, THE ENGINE 8O
                          Basicly a modified oil-cooled GSXR/Ban12 engine with bigger bore and stroke (81x68mm) and 6 speed gearbox.
                          Also have the FI system alike the GSXR1000 with double throttle valves.
                          Dynoed bone stock 102RWHP, now with Yoshi Japan 4-1 /
                          Yoshi Japan ST-1 cams, and PC3 138,77 RWHP/8200rpm.
                          All gains, no drop at all under 6500rpm, when the added power start !
                          Torque and smoothness is unbelivable, I can drive in 6. gear down under 1000rpm, and just nail the gas all the way up to max speed.
                          Torque now is 136Nm, about the same as the Hayabusa, only 2000 rpm lower! At 60mph the engine spins at 2600rpm, relaxin cruising!

My GSX14 is in classic Suzuki Blue and White with white rims, and I must say that this is the best bike I have ever owned and ridden 8)

Check out our club at www.gsx1400.co.uk
                          It is a pity that you dont get this bike in the US ![/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Snkris
                            It is a pity that you dont get this bike in the US ![/url]
                            You're so right, I would have one in a heart beat. I'll never understand Suzuki's logic for not bringing some of their best bikes to the U.S.

And another thing, do you think Suzuki will ever get around to building a really high quality sport touring bike? Something along the lines of a BMW1100rs or new Yamaha FJR1300.

Axel

Comment

Hiya all!
                              Roumours in Europe says that a de-tuned Hayabusa is very near, as a supersporttourer,
                              also there has been talk about a Streetfighter GSXR1000 ala the new cowasaki...eeeer Kawasaki 8)
                              And last but not least a 1550cc GSX1550 8O
                              This is the latest talk in some European mags...
                              DONT ASK ME TO VERIFY THIS; ONLY ROUMOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sourches are safe as the bank.....? He he he he

Comment

Working...
                              X