Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the 83/84 GS650GZ come with an oil cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the 83/84 GS650GZ come with an oil cooler?

So did it? Rather curiouse as to how this helps a bike run.

Yes it did.
    Keep's the oil/motor running cooler, less chance of cooking it.

Comment

I don't know about "down under" but in the U.S. the only GS650 that came OEM with an oil cooler was the Katana model (that's what Paul has). Also, the "Z" at the end of the model designation means the bike is an '82. The GS650's were only available here from '81-'83. I believe '81's were "X"'s, don't know about '83's. The Katana model was a one year only model in the U.S.--1983.

Comment

Did the Katana have different colours to any of the other models in those years?

Comment

Originally posted by jog5000
          Did the Katana have different colours to any of the other models in those years?
          I'm actually looking at an '83 Suzuki sales brochure for the 650's----
          The Katana came in only one color combination--2 tone, Silver/Red (like gspaul's sig). It was the GS-650M

GS-650G----The standard model: Black OR Red

GS-650GL----The cruiser or "low rider" model: 2 tones--Black/Silver OR Two Tone Maroon

These were all shaft drive. The GS-650E chain drive, 1981 & 1982, had been dropped.

Yer welcome!
          ED

Comment

Thanks guys.
            I'm now that one step closer to making sure that what was sold to me IS what I was told it is.

Comment

Working...
            X