Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna coils

Hi there,
    If I go to Dyna coils (keeping an eye out on ebay) what ones do I need for my 82 GS 650g? Still not sure with the naming -(GT) -is not a Katana.

I don't see in the Clymer the ohm/resistance info etc...

Thanks!
    Anthony

Anthony, if it is an 82 then it probably has electronic ignition, (you don't have points do you?) if that is the case you need the 3 ohm coils (green with dual outlets), I think they are the DC1-1

Comment

dgeorge wrote:
      you don't have points do you?)
      I am ofter refered to a "pointless"!!!

Please forgive my ignorance- I'm not sure if it has points, I learn as I go..as soon as I find out I'll never forget!

...manual says:
      All shaft drive models are equipped with a Nippon Denso (wasn't he in the Japanees version of the Godfather!), transistorized (breakerless) ignition system.

Comment

OK so you are truly pointless so what I wrote earlier stands you need the 3 ohm coils.

Comment

Anthony, here is a set on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...545491177&rd=1

Comment

Even if you did have points, you can still use the 3 ohm coils. They will work fine in either electronic ignitions or point ignitions.

Earl
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
            X