What Model GS750T do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Model GS750T do I have?

I've been using the Suzuki parts fiche at Temecula Motorsports as a reference, so I can know what I'm talking about when I ask my local Suzuki dealership for a part, but I've noticed that for my bike (1982 Suzuki GS705T), they have a "D" and a "Z" model listed for some parts (Calipers, Fuel Tank, etc.). Looking at the pictures doesn't help, as both sets of parts appear identical.

So how can I tell which model bike I have? For that matter, does it matter? (I assume it must, or they wouldn't list both of them, but you never know.)

-=Eric

The last letter is the year designation - Z is the '82 descriptor.

Comment

A GS750?T is a 1980 model I beleive. The T means 1980.

Comment

you are both wrong the t was only made in 81, so if it is a 82 then it is probly a gs 750 LZ or sumtin, does this bike have a foward leading axle and a big king and queen seat.
        if you are looking for mechnical parts then you could probly use most post 80's gs750 parts, if looking for appreance peice then you will need to use the exact model.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The 750T was made only for model years 1982 and 1983. The model designated names were GS750TZ and GS750TD.

Comment

Originally posted by vjgsor750
            The 750T was made only for model years 1982 and 1983. The model designated names were GS750TZ and GS750TD.
            You are correct!! 8)

Comment

then why do i have a 550 81 T? i thought they just did the 450? 550 and 750 in the T form for 81. mine is officially called the 81 550 TX.
              this is very confusing

some one needs to dig up some old 1981 playboys i rember seeing an ad in there.

-ryan
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x

Comment

The GS550T was only made for model year 1981 (GS550TX). We were talking about the 750T's which were different years. I used the 'Model Information' link on the home page to confirm.

Comment

ahh ok thanks for clearing that up, i had thought the Twas a 81 only thing, my bad. but the mechnical interchageable stuff should still hold pretty true.

-ryan
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x

Comment

Working...
                  X