Bendy Mirrors...... Easy to sort out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendy Mirrors...... Easy to sort out?

I have a problem that my wingmirrors bend backon themselves when I get any speed up. The top end of the mirror bends towards me. I've added a picture here --> http://www.geocities.com/jogsbmw320i/mirror.jpg

Is there any way that I could stop the mirror bending backwards? The dealeres are wanting to charge the earth for a new set.
    Thanks.

Duct tape?

Comment

Chewing gum? If it's a ball-in-socket type I think you may be out of luck, but someone will surely know a trick we can't think of.

Comment

Have you tried any type of adhesive??
        Like maybe a good,strong 2 part epoxy??
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

thinking what crag said..

if you used some J.B. weld, and then sprayed it black so nobody would notice, it shouldnt move.

Comment

Mirrors are cheap from Dennis Kirk. Bar end mirrors are worlds better than our stockers anyway...

Comment

HiSPL, I'm in South Africa........ things are a LOT more expensive than in the US.
              Thanks though

Comment

Oooohhh!

That makes a big difference then. Does S.A. have eBay? There's always replacement parts there....

Comment

I had the same problem, yet I was out on the road. At a stop light, just for kicks and giggles, I rotated the mirror - as if screwing it in tighter. Not the shaft or rod, the actually glass itself. I rotated the mirror part. Made absolutely NO sense to me, but it tightened up and that was about a month ago. Still tight. ????

I never did take the rubber off to see what kind of joint it is. Give it a shot.

If it IS a ball and joint - and nothing to tighten, only choices would be to replace or use adhesive. However, with the latter - you would lose your adjustability. :?

Comment

We do have ebay....... problem THERE is that South African ebay ends up being US ebay, so we pay dollars for ebay ANYWAY
                    Damn the 1960's governaments I say! They are the cause of my financial woes
                    Kinda between a rock and a hard place. I think I'll go with the fake weld stuff (you know, that putty that you squash together, and you get super strong joining stuff)
                    Thanks for the replies..

Comment

One of the less severe grades of locktite.

Comment

Working...
                      X