Is There Any Difference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There Any Difference ?

Im going to order some parts for my gs1000 my bike started life in the USA and was imported to the uk in 1998 what I want to know is are there any differences from my US model bike and a normal UK spec bike that I should be aware of when I order parts for it.
    Thanks Trev

Good question. What is the year and model of your GS1000. It was manufactured over I think from 78 to 80 or 81 for the US market.

Comment

Its a 1978 GS1000E at least thats what it says on the paperwork ive got with the bike,I want to order a gasket set for the bike so dont want to get the wrong stuff

Comment

78 and 79 engine components are the same except for the addition of a bolt on the front of the valve cover to the 79 models. (US.) I assume they were the same over seas. Frames were unchanged, the 79 models got cast wheels and twin rotors on the front brakes. Chime in guys if you know of any other differences i am not aware of.

Comment

Mines got cast wheels and twin discs up front so thats abit odd for a 78 model then is it ?

Comment

Yeah but the previous owner or owners could have put them on. The wheels and rotors and fork leg are interchangable....

Comment

I'm pretty sure all the "E", "S", & "L" model GS 1000's got cast wheels & dual disc up front. Only the standard, models had single disc & spoked wheels

Comment

Yep, 78e came with cast wheels and duel fronts.

rico

Comment

The U.K. models use 28mm carbs. The U.S. models use 26mm.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                  X