Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 - 4-Valve per Cylinder or not?

I have read conflicting things.

Is my 1982 GS1100 GLZ a 4-valve engine or not??

Your G is a 2 valve motor, the E's are 8 valves. I don't believe they made the G with a 4 valve head.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The easiest way to tell with any GS engine is to look at the cam caps - If they are round - it's 2 valves per cylinder, if they are rectangular in shape - it's a 4 valver ... 8)

And Jethro is correct - they didn't make any G (shaft driven) model 4 valve engines. Suzuki did, however, make a few L model bikes - both 1000cc and 1100cc with 4 valve engines that were all chain driven.

Comment

OK, because I think I am getting ready to run into the same problem that Deathwish had with his jet kit. I just bought one from K&N and it has the huge jets (165 and 170's) included with it....

Comment

Originally posted by shaftzuki
          The easiest way to tell with any GS engine is to look at the cam caps - If they are round - it's 2 valves per cylinder, if they are rectangular in shape - it's a 4 valver ... 8)

And Jethro is correct - they didn't make any G (shaft driven) model 4 valve engines. Suzuki did, however, make a few L model bikes - both 1000cc and 1100cc with 4 valve engines that were all chain driven.
          Cool. Thanks guys!

Comment

JETHRO,,, You've got me confused, 2 valve? 8 valve? 4 valve???? I'll bet you were trying to say the shaft drive 1100 engines have 8 valves, 2 per cyl. The chain drive 1100 engines have 16 valves, 4 per cyl

Comment

Working...
            X