Info on BSW carbuerators please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on BSW carbuerators please

Greetings, I"m obviously new to this forum. I'm here for some specific information about a new to me Mikuni carb type. I found a pair of these on my Son's just aquired 1986 GSX 572 cc machine. They appear to be
    BSW30 CV mikuni carbs. The question is did these carbs come in larger venturi sizes? Specifically 33, 34, or 36 mm? To be frank, my application is a hybrid Harley/BSA bike I've built. I've just made up a manifold that uses 2 BST33 CV carbs. Having now discovered the BSW series, I'm hoping there is a larger venturi size so I can build an improved independent runner manifold system for the Hybrid. The dual throat carb will let me get my runners closer together, thus straighter. Thanks in advance for any help you kind folks can give. Here's a post of the present BST'33's in a early mounting on the bike.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Thanks,
    Dick

Re: Info on BSW carbuerators please

My 450 didnt have a single dual throat carb, it had a pair of CV's. After comments following my post, it has me wondering if my memory is correct. I thought some of the 450's were made with the dual throat carb, but maybe it was only some 550 4 cylinder models that used a pair of the dual throat carbs. Its been 20+ years since I had the 450.

Earl

The only dual throat Mikuni carbs used on GS's that I know of are those on the 450 models which are twin cylinder. I dont remember the mm diameter though since I long ago sold my 450.

Earl

Originally posted by Frankenstein
    Greetings, I"m obviously new to this forum. I'm here for some specific information about a new to me Mikuni carb type. I found a pair of these on my Son's just aquired 1986 GSX 572 cc machine. They appear to be
    BSW30 CV mikuni carbs. The question is did these carbs come in larger venturi sizes? Specifically 33, 34, or 36 mm? To be frank, my application is a hybrid Harley/BSA bike I've built. I've just made up a manifold that uses 2 BST33 CV carbs. Having now discovered the BSW series, I'm hoping there is a larger venturi size so I can build an improved independent runner manifold system for the Hybrid. The dual throat carb will let me get my runners closer together, thus straighter. Thanks in advance for any help you kind folks can give. Here's a post of the present BST'33's in a early mounting on the bike.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Thanks,
    Dick
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Earl, Thanks for the reply, What year was your 450? It might help when I search the junk yards for a carb. Thanks. Dick

Comment

The 83-86 GSX550's. (the 572cc machines) Use two dual throat mikuni's. (I have two examples of said bike in the garage) Though I didn't know any other size gs ever came with a dual throat carb.
        You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
        If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
        1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
        1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
        1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
        1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
        1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Just the late GS550 used that carb It was Some what of an orphan not
          widely used.
          Just checked your pix is looks to show the common BS series carbs used on all of the 80 & newer GS bikes Some of the early twins available in sizes 30, 32, 34, 36 mm

Comment

Yes, the pic shows the carbs I'm currently using, which were off a 400 something suzuki twin from late '70's. I'm looking for the dual throat version to straighten up the manifold runners by bringing them closer together.

Thanks for the Info on the dual throat's being orhpans. I was kinda afraid of that as I haven't found any info on the web on them at all.
            Dick

Comment

Call suzuki. It's a OEM carburator so calling mikuni america is a dead end.
              You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
              If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
              1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
              1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
              1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
              1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
              1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Hey all, Thanks for the help. I've got a friendly Suzuki dealer in town, I may check it out with him. Thanks again for the help/ideas.
                Dick

Comment

Working...
                X