1985 GS550EF Sidestand Switch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS550EF Sidestand Switch Question

Hi Everyone, I'm a proud owner of a 85 550, but I've been having some troubles with one thing.

Do these bikes, by default, come with a side stand switch that will kill the engine when its in gear?

There is a switch on the dash, and it works fine (lights up when the stand is down, turns off when the stand is up), but is this wired in to the kill switch in any way?

Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for this baby so I can look for myself? Thanks very much!

I have an '85' GS 550 ES, and the side stand light lights up if the stand is down. You can still ride it if the side stand is down.

Comment

Wonderful That confirms my suspicions

Can't wait to start riding this baby, just need to certify it and transfer ownership and I'm off!

Comment

Back in the early "80"'s, If you put a Yamaha in gear while the side stand was down, the engine would die. The Kawasaki's would let you put them in gear with the stand down, but if you started to let the clutch out, the engine would die. Don't remember Suzuki doing anything to kill the engine, just turn the warning light on.

Comment

Working...
        X