Will a 750 motor fit an 1150 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a 750 motor fit an 1150 frame

I have the opportunity to get an 83' 750 motor for free.
    My 1150 motor is dead - cracked cyl wall - and I can't find a good 1150 motor. Will the motor mounts line up? Or are there other unforseeable problems I don't know of.
    New GS owner.
    dhanley@roto-millservices.com

I think that it would since it seems like everything else is the same.....But I am just guessing

Comment

The '80 thru. '82 engine should fit no problem but the '83-'85 GS750E is a completely different animal. That engine was a newer, more compact design and I doubt that it would be direct or easy swap.
      Axel

Comment

Thanks for the info - I still haven't got the motor yet - I will update you on the progress.

Comment

Thanks for the info - I still haven't got the motor yet - I will update you on the progress.

Comment

Shouldn't be that big of a deal. The '83 750 shared alot of castings with the 1150. Head casting was the same with different machine work; bigger ports, valves, etc. I think you will find the two motors pretty similar dimension wise. I have an '85 700 I can give you some measurements off of if it will help. Same as the 750 motor. One thing that won't work is the exhaust. The 1150 has larger diameter pipes. I have a complete stock exhaust and a Kerker K2 if you get to needing one.

Comment

Re: Will a 750 motor fit an 1150 frame

Originally posted by Dan Hanley
              My 1150 motor is dead - cracked cyl wall - and I can't find a good 1150 motor. Will the motor mounts line up? Or are there other unforseeable problems I don't know of.
              New GS owner.
              What are you going to do with the 1150 motor? I may be interested in it.

Hap

Comment

Re: Will a 750 motor fit an 1150 frame

Originally posted by Hap Call
                Originally posted by Dan Hanley
                New GS owner.
                What are you going to do with the 1150 motor? I may be interested in it.

Hap
                Your not going to build another beast are you??

Comment

Working...
                X