choke conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke conversion

I'd like to free up some room by removing the choke cable on my bike. I know there are a few bikes out there with chokes that you adjust directly off the carburators, and I am wondering if there's a way to do that with my bike. Would I just need to remove the spring on the choke bar?

I dont have any choke controls on my gs 1100 anymore, I just reach down the right side of the bike and grap the choke rail and pull it out by hand whilst cranking the engine and off we go. Yup, its a bit grumpy for a bit alright but no problem after about 10 seconds as long as I keep the idle up a bit and dont try to move for 60 seconds.

Comment

that's awsome, did you just remove the spring on the choke rail? cause I think the spring pushes it back in

Comment

Sorry, when I said that I reached down the right side, I meant the left side looking forward. No I didnt remove the spring. Its a bit hard as the spring is strong but it is just something I do. My cable is still connected but siezed and I havent done anything about it just yet as I am too busy with other projects right now.

Comment

Yes to 3phase, I have an 1150 that has no choke cable, I just pull out on the choke rail & hit the start button. The clutch switch will need to be bypassed.

Comment

same thing, someone lost my choke cable...

Comment

Working...
            X