GS1150EF fork rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150EF fork rebuild

Have removed the slider cap screw, spring preload, springs, etc. yet cannot separate fork tube from slider. What am I missing?

There is a bolt at the bottom of the legs. If you mount the fork in a vise (by caliper mounts with wood on each side) and compress the fork you should be able to remove the bolts.

Here are 2 pages from the "book"

Hope this helps

Comment

Have removed all bolts, to remove slider from fork tube. Guess it's hanging up on items 9 + 15.
      The picture will be great for re-assembly and torque values.

Gerry, thanks for reply.

Comment

Have removed all bolts, to remove slider from fork tube. Guess it's hanging up on items 9 + 15.
        Likely. My 1100E fork will not come apart without pulling the seal and upper bushing out of the slider. The lower bushing will not clear the upper bushing, so it pushes it out as you draw out the inner leg from the slider. I just used the inner tube like a slide hammer to tap out the seal and then it all comes apart from there.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark,

Tubes came apart as you said. Amazing how much water and dirt soiled what little fork oil was left inside.

Only uncertainty was position of cap on end of damper rod where screw fastens to slider. Drawings of the fork assembly were not clear, so assumed flat/wavy washers went on first and then cap with big end down, facing the wheel axle.

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X